Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let's play a game:

"What will the white boy put in his mouth?"


Jenny loves the good life, but she'll go slumming with me at a local "restaurant" so I can adapt to unclean food. Here we're in a little shack eating beef wrapped in some sort of leaf which we wrap in Another leaf with pickles, mint, greens, and dip in the ubiquitous nuoc mam. Very yummy. Jenny has been very clever acclimating me to the local microbes--I didn't even notice when I started taking ice in my drinks. We also ate at a local "restaurant" (a cart serving homemade dumplings to people on little plastic stools) in Chinatown, squatting in front of the Chinese social center. Also very good. 2 kinds of dun tart, Dad!


No cooties in this: the most ice cream-like yogurt you can douse in little m%m's, fruit, jellied marshmallows, cookies, cereal, sprinkles, and a popular edible-rock chocolate at Pinkspoon, which one of Jenny's friends owns--or something. Right off the cinema and my favorite park.


No comments:

Post a Comment