Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Future is Fun!

I'd been putting it off, but it was inevitable: time to upgrade. Maybe, just maybe I was so tired all the time from riding that bike everywhere. Finally I got a flat tire just before my first day at a new school with a horrible lesson plan--that kind of day--and the next day we went to get me an electric bike.


I was actually dreading it, but it is amazing how this thing has changed my mood. It is so beautiful and awesome. Driving it is a blast. I never want to stop! No more work clothes drenched in sweat, hooray! Extremely quiet, no pollution, pennies added to your electric bill, as fast as I'd want to go on the city streets (30 km/hr). I'll say it again, Vietnamese are crazy or stupid or just too damn stubborn to not have one of these for every person. There are two drawbacks: The horn sounds like an arcade blip noise. I honk it and people around me check their cellphones. The second is there are no rear shocks, so for Jenny it is a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment